[MLB-WIRELESS] RoamAbout client operation problem was "Wireless Question"

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Wed Jun 19 08:52:11 EST 2002

>It almost looks like the 2 programs are fighting each other for network
time
>to me.  Who knows.
>
>Matt.

hmmm ... i was never running netstumbler at the same time and it was still
doing it.

Last night I installed the older client app (625) with the newer drivers
(744) and all is good :)

I did find something weird after installing the client (new drivers had
already been installed a few reboots before hand).
In netstumbler I was able to see my other pc but every few seconds it would
get a new set of MAC addresses. So after about 10 minutes netstumbler had
pages and pages of addresses for 1 machine!
A reboot fixes this however :) It looks like the client wasn't reporting
correctly what it was seeing to netstumbler or something.

Lucas