[MLB-WIRELESS] Mobile phone antennas

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Wed Jun 19 07:41:03 EST 2002

Hello sanbar,

I doubt car re-radiating antenna would work efficiently... you could
build 2 cantenna's and point them at each other, they should have much
higher gain in any case, but you will still loose a LOT of signal
strength...

phones = 600mW
WLAN = 30mW

Mobile Tower = ~8W
AP = 4W at most

Not to mention mobile phones use a lot lower frequency and would have
much less attenuation...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...

s> Hey all,
s> I want to jump my LMR400 from inside the house to outside the house.
s> Rather than drill holes etc, I'm thinking it may be possible to jump the
s> connection through a window pane using two of those fittings used to
s> connect to a car phone's 2dBi antenna. A complete antenna assembly is $30
s> new, but I can't justify $60 on something that may not work. Does anyone
s> know of any cheap source of two of these that I can hack and not shed
s> tears if it does not work?
s> - Barry