[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Wireless community networks vs. corporate ones, by Annalee Newitz

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 18 15:14:27 EST 2002

>Hmmzor. The words "spell doom for monopoly" bode well. The word "doom" does
>not.
>- Barry

"...Perhaps the greatest weapon the wireless groups have, which AT&T
doesn't, is their commitment to community. "I'm not hoping to
             get any money out of my project," Pozar says. "We're a nonprofit.
             I just want to do good work. This grows out of my work
with community
             radio stations. Back then, I founded those stations to
create a better
             world through democratic communication. And that's what I'm trying
             to do now."..."

--
David Clae Gason
Secretary, Melbourne Wireless
mailto:secretary at wireless.org.au
http://wireless.org.au

i hate anarchists. i think there should be a law against them  -tahl