[MLB-WIRELESS] FLASH ENTRASYS CARDS at Friday meet??

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Sat Jun 15 13:15:20 EST 2002

Danny wrote:

> All you are doing is updating the Firmware on the card. The data in the CIS stays the same

What is the CIS?

Is it a fair summary to say...

*That enterasys cards, of the bulk buy vintage, benefit from
having the firmware updated.

* They don't actually become orinocos
.
* However you do need to  install an older orinoco driver so you
can use orinoco firmware upgrade utils because apparently
enterasys don't have an equivalent yet

*  This fooling of the system (that an enterasys ir really a
orinoco) is best done under windows  95 or 98.

* Having upgraded the firmware then you go back to using the
latest enterasys driver and life is good especially if using a
*nix os

if this is a fair summary then what is best and where might one
go to find an older orinoco driver for 95-98 for os fooling purposes

Could I get a bit more detail on how one fools 95 or 98 into
thinking the enterasys on board is really an orinoco. I've tried
under 95 and had no joy

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing
Artful Solutions