[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Network throughput

Andrew Dean ferni at shafted.com.au
Sat Jun 15 12:57:32 EST 2002

im no smart person.... but yeah thats pretty much it, plus you have wireless
and tcp/ip and other overheads and its half duplex...

600kB/sec is pretty quick ... if your sending compress files already (zip,
mp3, etc...) then you won't really be able to compress it much more over the
link.... what are you sending that you need so much bandwidth for? if you
want you can try some 802.11a gear thats 54mbit and let us know how it goes
, its also alot more $$$ :)