[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: fitzroy big antenna was:RE:] East

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Fri Jun 14 12:25:22 EST 2002

>>I went down to have another look at the tower above the Fitzroy
>>Legal Service.  For those who don't know, this is an abandoned 50
>>ft radio mast on top of a two storey building near the corner of
>>Johnson and Brunswick Sts.  It is registered on the node map as CJG
>>FitzroyAPTower(Fitzroy)
>>
>>I had a chat with Matt, the leaseholder of the top floor.  He
>>indicated that the tower has LOS as far as Nunawading.
>snip
>>I reckon this is a great candidate for a group build.
>
>What happened to the guys who were living there who wanted to set up
>a node? Haven't heard anything from them for ages. There was a fair
>bit if discussion and not a few people offerred help as it sounded
>good, but nothing ever came of it.

same crew, the main melbwireless enthusiast there (Mike?  sorry if
you're reading this, I've temporarily lost track of your name) is
taking over the lease.

i believe the problem was a cash flow one, and unfamiliarity with all
the tech stuff.

--
David Clae Gason
Secretary, Melbourne Wireless
mailto:secretary at wireless.org.au
http://wireless.org.au

i hate anarchists. i think there should be a law against them  -tahl