[MLB-WIRELESS]

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Fri Jun 14 10:51:31 EST 2002

"Anderson, Steven" wrote:

> I think you will find that it does cover a large region.
> It isn't just Wantirna and Knox people that have shown interest in this.
> Outer East in Melbourne is huge.
>
> Also if you look just East of Melbourne there is a BIG problem with a line
> of hills going across the Box Hill area.
> That pretty much divides East Melbourne into two halves.
>
> I live 15km away from Wantirna at the base of Mount Dandenong and this WG
> covers me as well.

I'm also in the outer east zone and I can see a lot of benefits
in a regional mail list. Once you get enough people nearby that
it becomes impractical to keep CCing everyone on local interest
emails. ie more than 4 or 5 people. Of course local bods could
just set up a mail list  but it is so much better if done my MW
as its easier to get new people involved - just point them to
the website

Caution is needed as I think that some of this traffic is still
of interest to the  main group eg if people in northern subburbs
get a link to Gregs place or if you have an antenna day then I'd
like to know but if the mail is just about local geography or
node sites then ho hum

if for no other reason then I think trying it out here is not a
bad experiment

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing
Artful Solutions