[MLB-WIRELESS] FLASH ENTRASYS CARDS at Friday meet??

Chris Drake cadrake at optushome.com.au
Thu Jun 13 18:18:35 EST 2002

I would have to agree. DON'T bother flashing your cards. Unless you are going
to use an open source operating system (linux, freebsd ect.) because it will
have an impact on the card. You really should read the crap about flashing
cards on both the lucent and enterasys cards. to sum it up. The software
drivers (win9x ect. != open source drivers) load a temp firmware into the rom
of the card. So if you have version 8.10 client you should have a 8.10
'firmware'. But in an open source operating system there is no firmware being
sent into the card therefore the firmware which is in the flash rom of the
card will load and be put into the rom of the card.

Chris