[MLB-WIRELESS] Cabletron Cards - Laptop - Debian - Range

Jason Clarke midwaym19 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 13 14:25:18 EST 2002

This is like, weird..

Got a Dell Inspiron 4100 with one of the $50 cards in it.

I found that at my desk with Win2k I could baaaaareeeellllyyyy get a signal from an AP around the area. Maybe a signal of 10-12 in Netstumbler.

I'm dual booting with Debian, 2.4.18 and found that when I cat /proc/net/wireless the signal / noise ration is more like 15-20.

Is this just the measurements of the various OS's comming into play, or is there some other explanation??

Regards,

Jason Clarke

<sig removed :-)>