[MLB-WIRELESS] Run a PC as an access point?

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Thu Jun 13 10:17:08 EST 2002

You can't just put a normal wireless card into AP mode to act as an AP.

An Access Point and a wireless card is different things.
Most cost effective thing for you to do would be just to use 3 cards in AdHoc
mode.
Otherwise you'll need two cards for your notebooks, an Access Point, a network
card in your desktop, a crossover cable from your AP to your network card in
your desktop, blah blah blah