[MLB-WIRELESS] Bandwidth aggregation / Ethernet bonding?

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Wed Jun 12 10:56:46 EST 2002

This is sort of an old thread revisited.

Some time ago there was talk about multi card setups. ie. 3 non-overlapping
channels bonded together for aggergrate bandwidth.

See here for the old messages about it
http://www.wireless.org.au/archive/0369.html
Eventually this thread went way off and I lost interest in it.

I have a laptop with a base station that can take 4 pcmcia cards (can only
take 3 total unless I remove the little black covers).
So the idea popped up again. I've been hunting around for both a windows
and linux method to do this but with little success.

I initially thought that nat32 (www.nat32.com) could do it but the
documentation doesn't seem to explain this very well.

Supports Load Balancing on any Interface. - this is to do with the ack
windows I believe
NAT32 Enhanced supports Connection Aggregation.  - appears to be only
modems
Use two or more 56K Modems at once for high throughput. - uses the PPP
interface like the windows mutlilink stuff.

also some linux stuff.
Beowolf clustering - bw aggregation
http://www.beowulf.org/software/bonding.html
http://linux.uky.edu/pipermail/uklug-linux/2001-March/000043.html

My question is : 2 months down the track has anyone experimented with
bonding multiple cards together?

Thanks

Lucas