[MLB-WIRELESS] dumb / newbie question

Adam i_adam at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jun 11 23:46:13 EST 2002

Heya All,   time to end lurking :)

Gonna get Internode's new $135 /month 8GB ADSL plan, and want to network 2 desktop PCs wirelessly to share it.   I was looking at the Belkin F5D6050 which got fantastic reviews and are pretty cheap through TIB.

Q1:  Will both USB devices talk to each other without an Access Point in the middle? (I'm guessing yes, but I just want to make absolutely sure).

Q2:  I would like to set up a node with an antenna, is there anyway to do this with a USB device?  Otherwise, I'll probably only get one, and make the other one a PCMCIA / PCI adapter combo.

thanks
Adam