[MLB-WIRELESS] help please

simmans at datafast.net.au simmans at datafast.net.au
Tue Jun 11 23:49:11 EST 2002

I have a problem in that I tried to update my firmware in the enterasys
cards as per a previous posting but despite new drivers and following
instructions word for word, win 98 would not recognise the cards.

I then deleted all reference to the roamabout drivers and reinstalled the
orinoco drivers to no avail.

I now find that no matter how many times I reinstall the roam about drivers
( to get some radio functionality) these cardsare not recognised .

when I go to install new hardware there are already two roamabout drivers
installed but it says there is a problem with them.please reinstall. So off
we go and reinstall but to no avail.

This problem has occured on both my latop and my pc. I think it must be
because the roamabout drivers were already installed, when I tried to
install the new drivers for orinoco to update the cards, although I did
delete all reference to them.

I am really loathe to reinstall windows on both machines because in both
cases there is software that I have to contact the supplier to get new rego
details. Painful.
Can anybody help?
george simmans