[MLB-WIRELESS] RICOH Cards in PCI2.0 boxen

fenn_b at smktech.com.au fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Tue Jun 11 10:03:47 EST 2002

> The Airo-352 card moves in and out of the Belkin PLX adapter
> effortlessly.  I
> guess even 1/2 a millimetre here or there can make all the
> difference.  When
> trying to use just the ejector button, the whole casing
> starts to flex.  I
> guess it needs a few insertion iterations to loosen it up.
> There are no bent
> pins in either cradle.

One thing worth noting - The Ricoh adapters take cards upsidedown as to
what I would have expected, and as to what they appear to from the
design. The rear panel has the rails and a cutout "above" them (if the
card is sitting on a table, cradle side up) - However, although for all
intents and purposes it looks like the PCMCIA card should fit with the
bulk of it sitting up into the cutout, this is not the case, they
actually take the card the opposite way up. Confession: I had the same
problem as described above, and found that if you flip them 180degrees,
all if lovely in the world (incidently, not the problem with the IRQ's I
was experiencing earlier which was independent) and the card slides in
and out effortlessly.

So, too maybe make it clearer - If you had a Ricoh card sitting on a
table with the carrier/chips facing upwards towards you, a PCMCIA card
would go face down into the adapter. I would guess this is because PCI
cards on most (all?) systems are mounted "upsidedown", so this allows
the PCMCIA cards to mount face up.

I hope that was even vaguely helpful,

Cheers,

	Fenn.