[MLB-WIRELESS] RICOH Cards in PCI2.0 boxen

Matt Chipman mkchipman at optushome.com.au
Sat Jun 8 23:16:45 EST 2002

Jason,

these cards are advertised as true PCMCIA adapters so they should fit nicely
into the slot, unless of course, the Cisco card has a proprietory type
slot/slider thingy (which i doubt)  please pull the card out and check there
are no bent pins in the cradle, it should not be this hard.  You could also
try reversing the card but then again, i could also tell you how to boil an
egg!!

Slot problems aside, you need to have Linux kernel 2.4 as a minimum and
install YENTA_SOCKET. make sure you set your channel, essid and mode to
ad-hoc or managed.

Put details of the motherboard in your next email..... I don't think it is a
motherboard problem.  The card should work in any pentium based motherboard.

You should see the card come up in "dmesg"

cheers

-Matt