[MLB-WIRELESS] RICOH Cards in PCI2.0 boxen

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Sat Jun 8 22:25:43 EST 2002

Has anyone been able to get the Ricoh chipset based PCMCIA adapters, as
featured on TIB, working in a Socket/Super7 system with PCI2.0?  The cards
profess PCI2.2 support but I am trying to make it work on my trusty
FIC-PA2007 board.

I am trying to get the darned thing working in Linux.  PCMCIA card services
seems to load, IRQ and IOMEM is allocated for the Ricoh RL5c475 device (it
can be seen care of the /proc dir) but it cardctl won't see my Cisco card in
there.

Mind you, the Cisco Airo-352 card jams in there pretty tightly and won't eject
without assistance by pulling on the card.  This is bringing me back to the
heady and difficult times I had with the PLX adapter not working in PCI2.0
machines.

Curse you PCI2.0<->PCI2.2 incompatabilities.  It wasn't meant to be this way!

If you have had this adapter working in your cruddy PCI2.0 Pentium box in
either Linux or Windows or *BSD, please let me know!