[MLB-WIRELESS] New submissions to the wireless broadband inquiry

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Fri Jun 7 13:01:58 EST 2002

Hello Greg,

that's not a valid argument, the fact of the matter is Unisys were
flogging off these cards at market value till the warranties run out
then dumped them for that, some of which ended up in the hands of a
company in WA, who in turn were flogging them off for about the same
(I think they got them cheaper then $50/ea as that's what eathos was
going to get them for)...

In any case this is still a democracy (well they let us think that
most of the time at least) and the opinion they voiced isn't shared by
the majority of the submission's I've read, bear in mind the ACA made
reference to being asked something like this in the future, disturbed
me a little though as it goes against what the rest of the UN body
that over sees this, and even the FCC's comments on public spectrum
space...

The majority, not the minority of submission all state along similar
lines, ISM spectrum isn't suitable for commercial purposes, more then
25m, there are other users in this spectrum that could have the WISPs
"removed" or anyone else that interferes with them, simply because
they were here first... and they are licensed, and in the US ham
operators have had WISPs shutdown...

The only thing I slightly agree with in the entire submission from
IDS, was their comments on allowing more output, especially in rural
areas at 5.7Ghz, and basing the allowed output on the density of
people

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...