[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna Gain Testing?

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Fri Jun 7 12:48:28 EST 2002

> > 2.4 GHz sig gen... yep - using a multiplier after a 400 MHz Tx, I
> > can generate around 50mW on 2.4 GHz.  I did that to range test some
> > Galaxy downconverters.  I am looking into a power amp for my 2.4 GHz
> > TV transmitter.  I could certainly use it for antenna testing as
> > well. :)
> >
> > The system would have to be controlled by a licenced amateur, is the
> > tests are done outside of an RF tight room (and I bet the hiring
> > rates for RF anechoic chambers are pretty steep!).
>
> Perhaps Tyson can have a dig around within CSIRO, as they are
> likely to
> have this sort of thing.

http://www.tip.csiro.au/ICT/Broadband/facilities2.htm

GigaHertz Testing Facility
--------------------------
Scattering parameters measurement capability to 220 GHz. Noise figure of
amplifiers to 98GHz. Power 1dB compression of amplifiers to 110GHz. Mixer
and frequency converter performance parameters to 110GHz.

* Instruments include three Agilent 8510 network analysers, a pulsed vector
analyser for high-power devices and circuits, ATN on-wafer noise parameter
extraction system, 3 Cascade probe-stations (one with thermal testing
capability), 4 spare 50GHz signal sources, 2 microwave power meters with
detectors rated to 110GHz, and two spectrum analyzers with external mixing
compatibility to extend range to 110GHz.
* Automated on-wafer bulk measurement of discrete devices and circuits, as
well as 'one-off' measurement of packaged components and systems.
* Advice and training in automated measurement design and testing
procedures. Facility services available to external customers. Charges by
request.