[MLB-WIRELESS] New submissions to the wireless broadband inqu iry

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Jun 7 09:46:17 EST 2002

> I think the lucent submission sums it up just fine.
>

> 7. A stable technology that is not subject to outside interference,
> therefore
> the use of licensed spectrum is desirable. Any technology that is
> operating in unregulated spectrum will be subject to risk of
> interference,
> e.g., 802.11.

This sums up my opinion as well.  Commercial operators need licenced and
coordinated spectrum so they can deliver the proper grade of service
consumers demand.  802.11b hotspots in controlled spaces (e.g. a cafe) are a
great idea.  802.11b to provide carrier services is a disaster and bunfight
waiting to happen.  I've said this all along.

> Frankly I think IDS have done nothing but make fools of
> themselves. While
> we're at it, lets make people register for using baby
> monitors and cordless
> phones aswell!
> Someone asked the other day, whats happened to all the technical
> discussion.... who cares when we have comedy like this! Luv a
> good laugh on
> a friday morning....

LOL :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.