[MLB-WIRELESS] New submissions to the wireless broadband inquiry

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri Jun 7 02:06:30 EST 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, dwayne wrote:
> Barry Park wrote:
> >
> > My gripe is that this is a poisoned submission. It's just a shame that they
> > will probably not be called to back up what is fundamentally a flawed
> > submission with hard evidence of wrongdoing by either corporate or community
> > groups. Hell, the way it is worded, IDS must believe there is already a
> > working community network already out there openly flouting ACA guidelines.
> > I just hope the inquiry panel see through it.
>

> Didn't these bozos get the Canberra crew off the ground initially?

Yes.

> Wasn't it IDS of Adelaide which sold them those devices?

Yes, the old full lengh ISA WaveLan cards for $150 to anyone who
mentions the Canberra Linux Users Group (or any Linux user group
really).

> Booooooo if so

It wasn't a bad deal for the time ..

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----