[MLB-WIRELESS] New submissions to the wireless broadband inquiry

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Thu Jun 6 19:01:23 EST 2002

At 06:42 PM 6/06/2002 +1000, Barry Park wrote:

>*** Again, This makes community wireless groups appear as a scapegoat, with
>IDS intersted only in protecting corporate interests over end-user
>interests. Legislation says 2.4GHz is open spectrum. They can pay for
>commercial spectrum. This is ill-informed conjecture.

This somewhat sucks. :-(  Again, they're showing their financial interests
ahead of everything else.  From what I've seen, it is the hobbyist groups
such as Melb Wireless who understand the legal issues and who have bothered
to do the research.  These groups also understand other issues such as
security better than your average commercial punter (look at the number of
unsecured _COMMERCIAL_ installations out there).  And some of us are also
in industry, where our hobbyist learnt skills can only improve the quality
of commercial installations.

sheesh, I hate political processes and Government policy/attitude in this
country. :-(

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vk3jed.vk.irlp.net