[MLB-WIRELESS] RG1000 A infrastructure component

fenn_b at smktech.com.au fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Wed Jun 5 11:14:25 EST 2002

> RG1000's I have
> discovered that they can be reflashed (successfully) with the
> Lucent AP500
> firmware and apparently the AP1000 also.

At the risk of sounding clueless (a hobby of mine :), what major
advantages does this give? I assume it's something to do with bridging
(the AP500/1000 is a bridge, yes?), but I thought that bridging was
possible with the RG1000 anyway. I currently have one bridging a local
wireless LAN and my wired ethernet successfully, so I'm curious as to
what extra I can get from flashing it (if any).

Thanks,

	Fenn.