[MLB-WIRELESS] Nodedb Cull

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Tue Jun 4 13:41:31 EST 2002

How about this:
* Time stamp each node with the last time edited, if not known, seed with
today.
* Update time stamps when people log into nodes.
* Wait for a set period of "inactive" time (3 months?).
* Send a reminder e-mail to nodes that have not been edited in the set time
period, warning them that their node will be removed if they do not log in
within a "grace" period (1 week?).
* Remove nodes that have not been edited in the set time period (3 months +
1 week?).

I think this is suitable, it should cull unused/unwanted nodes, while
allowing people the chance to save their node from inappropriate culling.
It also has a nice side effect - people must log into their node
periodically (every 3 months?), and hence remember to update their details
when they log in.  The details stay reasonably up to date.

My suggestions for the "inactive" time (3 months) and the "grace" period (1
week) are simply suggestions...

Cheers,
Tyson.