[MLB-WIRELESS] Horrible pain...

Random random at sectoid.org
Mon Jun 3 12:50:24 EST 2002

Rather than completely re-installing you should be able to find the
particular patch that caused your grief.. Have a look through the
windowsupdate install log, on the winupdate site or in add/remove
programs. You can search the 'Q' numbers with M$ and hopefully undo the
damage by either uninstalling that manually or through add/remove (use
with care!!).

Otherwise there is a lot of info over at microsoft.com/search about
Win9x and its irq / io sharing issues, do some more deep searching there
(sounds like you alread have done some)..

Resource sharing with M$ is a nightmare though, another thing, try
playing with the hardware, free up some other m/b resources, and move
the pci cards around. Sometimes you can get lucky and Windows will
shuffle your io's/irq's in a good way! ;)

---
Martin Laukkanen (random at sectoid.org)