[MLB-WIRELESS] RE: list configutation

Timshel Knoll timshel at pobox.com
Sat Jun 1 09:50:33 EST 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:37:15PM +1000, Tony Langdon wrote:
> As I said, a religious argument.  My main beef with the "reply to all"
> feature is that it's reply to all, not "reply to list".  replying to all
> leads to cc: proliferation, which can be a bigger pain than a misdirected
> message...  I maintain that the MUA (i.e. just about everyone out there) is
> somewhat broken.  There really needs to be 3 options:
>
> 1.  Reply to sender (basically the current "reply" option)
> 2.  Reply to List (a new one which doesn't work at all, unless replying to a
> list)
> 3.  Reply to all (obvious!).

Mutt does all 3 of these. The reply to list command needs to be set up
manually by specifying a list of email addresses of all the lists you
reply to (just so it knows which addresses are actually mailing lists),
but once set up it works like a dream ...

Timshel

--
Timshel Knoll <timshel at pobox.com>, Debian email: <timshel at debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux developer: http://people.debian.org/~timshel/