[MLB-WIRELESS] A few questions....

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Fri Jul 26 20:46:50 EST 2002

Peter, firstly, add yourself to the node database (
http://www.wireless.org.au/locfinder ) and see who is near you and make
contact directly with them.

As far as hardware is concerned, take a look on the TIB first (
http://www.wireless.org.au/tib/ ), there are some good offers on this type
gear.

IP's will depend on the AP you are connecting to at the moment.

Welcome and good luck!

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au
http://www.wireless.org.au

                    "Peter Sbarski"
                    <sbarski at optushome.com.a        To:     <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
                    u>                              cc:
                    Sent by:                        Subject:     [MLB-WIRELESS] A few questions....
                    owner-melbwireless at wirel
                    ess.org.au

                    26/07/2002 08:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a few relatively simple questions to ask and I hope you can help me.

     1)      Assuming I have all hardware setup and ready, how should I go
     about connecting to the network/AP? Who should I call / email / etc?.?

   How long does it usually take to connect?

     2)      Has anybody from Bentleigh / McKinnon / Ormond / Moorabin been
     successful?

   3)  If I get this Wireless Access Point (
   http://www.ht.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:F5423#Tof) will I be able
   to connect to the network with more than one computer?

   How will the I.P. addresses be allocated then?

Thank you, all.

I look forward to joining your wireless community.

Peter Sbarski

---