Fwd: [Syd-Wireless] Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] ITNews Story.

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Wed Jul 24 10:12:38 EST 2002

Frankly eb, I was dissapointed in your comments used in the article, but I
do accept that you were most likely taken out of context and mis quoted
just as Steve was. You have your opinion, so nuff said, I'll get over it...
no flame intended.

Interesting how the atomic article paints a totally different picture, and
actually uses complete quotes, not just snippets! So what, It's poor
journalism burried as the second last story on the itnews site. As I think
Matt said, it probably won't be the last. Who cares, if some people see it
a bit negative, big deal.... publicity is publicity.

As far as Jason is concerned... well, I am sick of this cross-posting of
petty crap. When are you gonna get that damn chip off your shoulder. This
has got to be the most pathetic display of immaturity I've seen from a
grown man. I suppose I could revert to my inner child and put up a poll on
the wireless.org.au site asking 'when will Jason get the chip off his
shoulder?'

I even have your favourite passage from our submission... 'Melbourne
Wireless represents over 500 like-minded individuals in Victoria, and
thousands more around Australia and New Zealand'  Hmm... yes I see where
that says 'and Jason Jordan and *his* people too' oops I mean 'and Jason
Jordan and those other guys just doing their hobby'.  Not forgetting ALL
other Australians too, because I mean hey.... the name 'Melbourne Wireless'
kinda implies the whole country anyway.

Now hang on while the big boys line up their cannons to fire at you.... Are
you aware that some of the 'smaller boys' have already used e3 as an
example to paint a picture that community wireless groups are irresponsible
rouge's polluting the spectrum with their amplifiers and omni's? and that
they have quoted posts from the e3 site talking about using 802.11a
outdoors, implying a lack of knowledge and understanding of the class
licence regulations..... Yes thats right, Integrity Data Systems have used
e3 to try and make us ALL look like fools in their hearing with the
government inquiry. All this, and they're not even from one of those 'east
coast states' seeking global domination. Now is this where I should
complain that e3 is somehow representing me and putting MY hobby at risk?

Clearly you have no love for our 'obnoxious formal organisation', so...
should I care? Maybe you should unsubscribe from the list, we don't want
you to be consuming energy trying to resist replying to a post or two...

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au
http://www.wireless.org.au

                    evilbunny
                    <evilbunny at sydneywireles        To:     melbwireless at wireless.org.au
                    s.com>                          cc:
                    Sent by:                        Subject:     Fwd: [Syd-Wireless] Re: [MLB-WIRELESS]
                    owner-melbwireless at wirel        ITNews Story.
                    ess.org.au

                    23/07/2002 09:43 PM

Re: Tall poppy crap, this had nothing to do with it, hopefully this
post will shed a little more light in an articulate manner that I wish
I was more capable of at times...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...

This is a forwarded message