[MLB-WIRELESS] ITNews Story.

Matt Chipman mkchipman at optushome.com.au
Tue Jul 23 21:11:54 EST 2002

Ahhh yes the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well.  All those that think
they can perform better in front of a camera or over the phone or a face to
face interview please put up their hand.  Before you do, just remember the
questions come thick and fast, there is no rehearsal of questions cos they
like the Human side of the reactions to the questions they ask.

Knowing full well that whatever you say will be not good enuff, the wrong
thing, taken out of context and ultimately can be turned and manipulated
totally out of context.  And what is the alternative?  Don't do any
interviews don't promote any Wireless networking and then allow the major
players to take the cream off the top.

What this article has done is take the wireless cause and promoted it.
People will read the article and logon to the website.  They won't remember
the news article but they will remeber this crap going on if they decide to
read the forums.

People not in Melbourne Wireless that do have interview time with
journalists, should thank their lucky stars they have not had an out of
context writing journalist.  It is almost a guarentee you will get one
eventually.  When you do, lets hope you can handle it as well as Steven
Haigh has.

-Matt Chipman