[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Internet Co-Ops?

Barry Park bpark at theage.fairfax.com.au
Sun Jul 21 17:27:57 EST 2002

And on /. today. Watch out for that fugly ad.
- Barry

Wireless Internet Co-Ops?
Posted by Cliff on Saturday July 20, @05:55PM
from the tough-tasks-in-today's-broadband-market dept.
einstein asks: "How many other geeks out there are purchasing high speed
commercial net connections to the remote areas they live, and then selling
access to their neighbors to help cover costs? I know of a remote area with
about 20-30 house all of which could access a wireless lan connection to
share a 1.5 ADSL connection. I'm planning on bugging the neighbors to see if
there interested soon, and I'd like to have some idea if this has worked for
other people. So, who's doing this in a Co-Op fashion, and how is it
working?" This probably won't be possible with most residential DSL
providers, however would they let this fly on their commercial lines?"

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/02/07/15/2133239.shtml?tid=95

This email and any files transmitted with it may be legally privileged
and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you
have received this email in error, please notify us by return email and
permanently delete the document.