[MLB-WIRELESS] Help setting up FreeBSD

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Wed Jul 17 17:10:06 EST 2002

Hi guys..

Some sad news – I’m moving to Sydney for 6 months for work. *collective
groan* :-)

But anyhoo, besides spying on the enemy(!), I’m keen to use it as a
chance to start a fresh, and ween myself off my ugly commercial OS. I’ll
be free on the weekend of the 27th and 28th of July, and was wondering
if there was anyone around who might want to exchange help setting up a
FreeBSD boxen in exchange for food :-P

Will be a Desktop Cellery 500, with 64meg RAM, 32x burner, enterasys
card in a ricoh cradle, Geforce2MX, and 20gig HD.

I want to try and set it up to run as a wireless node, with nocat auth,
as well as other apps to ween myself of windows. Ie. OpenOffice,
mozilla, apahce and php, and a nifty email program (one where I can
import all my current mail from outlook..)

Also, clear explanations on the day of the directory structure, and
where l33+ people put things in the file system would be nice :-)

Any takers??

James

PS. Don’t troll the list re: OS's, Mail clients, or correct ways of
organising the filesystem! All comments welcome if sent to me however!

"Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes."

work: worker at aycs.org.au / personal : jimmy at deefa.com
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ : 6370237
web : www.deefa.com