[MLB-WIRELESS] Tx error with silver card :(

Joris joris at linux.be
Wed Jul 17 08:07:24 EST 2002

For some reason, I got a really dramatic increase of those messages:
(eg, they happened before, but very little)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=00BE)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=00E5)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=00F7)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=0109)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=011B)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=012D)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=013F)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=0151)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=0163)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=0175)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=0187)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=0199)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01AB)
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
eth1: Tx timeout! Resetting card.

And all over and over again.

I started measuring, and it seems that I loose approx 36% of all packages
over that interface...
(The system is a debian linux 2.4.18 with a ricoh pcmcia craddle, with a
cabletron card in it)

What could this be? Failing config? interrupt problems? (shouldn't be)
Microwave nearby?
(can't monitor link quality in adhoc under linux)

--
  Greetings
  Joris