[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: " " Now: cara'XML'ising node locations

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Sun Jul 14 18:24:47 EST 2002

Hello Toliman,

Forget about the following...

>> Another thing of note worthiness, any member of an association, ALL
>> information held on them can and has to be available to the general
>> public. This includes but not limited to your house address, perhaps
>> even what gear, mac address etc your using, email address (if
>> kept/used) etc etc etc... time to get post office boxes?

T> public, and private have exclusive, opposable definitions. you have extended
T> them somewhat from the original intent of my post by an excessive margin.
T> about your claim to disclosing membership details to the public, i don't
T> have knowledge of this, since i'm not a member or on committee of any
T> wireless association. yet. but i doubt association rules would allow a
T> breach of privacy under current privacy legislation, also under model of
T> association rules. i think you might have some part of the rules out of
T> context. as i recall, the disclosure of public information is so members can
T> maintain up-to-date contact/correspondence with each other,  to people that
T> request it, and to other members. a 'members list' does not contain 450
T> street addresses, it could contain 450 phone numbers, 450 email addresses,
T> 450 names, or any combination thereof. who knows, who cares.

few points from...

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/cbav/fairattach.nsf/Images/assocmodel/$File/assocmodel.pdf

para 7, point 1a (not relevant to this... however...)

There is allocation to fine people up to $500. Wasn't AWA being
criticised for that not so long ago? At least AWA was open about it
and defined what it could be used for... *waits for the melbwireless
FAQ to be updated 2 seconds after my post*

Para 36, point 2

All accounts, books, securities and any other relevant documents of the
Association must be available for inspection free of charge by any member
upon request.

Para 36, point 3

A member may make a copy of any accounts, books, securities and any
other relevant documents of the Association.

----

While this may not be general public as such, any person that gets
membership, including those that work for WISPs could effectively view
and/or copy these records... Most people list their street address as
their address for paper based correspondence...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...