[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: " " Now: cara'XML'ising node locations

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Sun Jul 14 01:34:13 EST 2002

Hello Toliman,

<snip>

People should know now this is a publicly available database, there is
no way we can force people to 1) enter their data, or 2) enter valid
data, once they do enter their data they are directed back to exactly
what the public will see, if this isn't suitable they have the option
to alter and/or remove it completely...

I've taken reasonable measures to protect what data we thought
shouldn't be let out to the public, again only email address is
compulsory, and is NEVER EVER given out at all...

If you can see how this system (which is in wide use, both in
Australia and over seas with varying systems of implementation)
breaches any privacy acts in reality and you're a lawyer and/or have a
law degree sure I might actually take the advice...

As for the tracking, this is a value add and again isn't compulsory
nor even built yet... (so how's that supposed to breach privacy
again?)

If people wish to use it, that is there privilege as both myself and
the company I work for are offering this on a good faith system, if
people abuse it then of course action will be taken, and any valid
requests to have information removed will also be given what ever care
is needed, depending on situation etc etc etc...

Then of course if you wish to push the point the site could be always
hosted in the US, I've had generous offers from community groups over
there as well, international law is such fun stuff to play with...

Another thing of note worthiness, any member of an association, ALL
information held on them can and has to be available to the general
public. This includes but not limited to your house address, perhaps
even what gear, mac address etc your using, email address (if
kept/used) etc etc etc... time to get post office boxes?

There is a whole lot more here that will leak privacy then a
non-mandatory database that people can choose to make use of...

Privacy is a myth... - some dude from Sun

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...