[MLB-WIRELESS] GnuPG keysigning

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Fri Jul 12 16:15:10 EST 2002

Is anyone interested in doing some key signing at tonight's meeting?
All it requires is exchanging GPG/PGP fingerprints and checking ID
(preferably 100 points; so one form of photo ID such as a drivers
license and another from of ID such as a bank keycard).

I'd highly recommend using GNU Privacy Guard over the commercial PGP
because it's open source and that's the only way to be sure there are no
backdoors.  It is available for Windows although it does give a warning
about unsafe memory so I'm not sure how safe this is compared to using
it on a *nix platform.  It is available from:
http://www.gnupg.org/

For more information on key signing and GnuPG see the Linux Users of
Victoria's key signing howto (the same should apply go GnuPG on any
other platform):
http://www.luv.asn.au/keysign.html

--
Jeremy Lunn