[MLB-WIRELESS] Where to go for technical help?

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Jul 12 08:58:44 EST 2002

> I basically have a LAN, connected to the internet - each
> machine has its own
> externally accessible IP. Currently I have PCMCIA Enterasys
> card set to
> ad-hoc mode in a Win2K desktop machine set up with Internet Connection
> Sharing sitting on the LAN. It's half good because it means
> my WinXP laptop
> can see the internet, but it can't see the other machines on
> the network,
> and has a 192.168.*.* IP

2 options I can think off off the top of my head.

1.  Bridging (easiest done with a real AP, as the MAC layers are a bit
different between wired and wireless)

2.  Split your public IPs into 2 subnets and setup routing between them. One
subnet will be the wired network, the other will be the wireless network.

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain