[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [mesh] Info Pack for perspective POP's

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Jul 11 15:54:47 EST 2002

Tyson,

Thank you for your post, I will take this oppurtunity to clear up some
things which you have taken out of context. If you had read my original
post, there would have not have been a need for your reply.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au wrote:

> RE: "this is who we are" (Dale)
> I would assume Jamie is writing in respect to the group in which he
> is the Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless
> Association, and not Melbourne Wireless Inc. or any other group.

While it is something that I am sure the Australian Wireless Association
may modify and use, as stated in my initial post, I am putting this
together as a template all groups can use.

> On this topic, I humbly request that anyone who engages in
> cross-list posting should be very careful when doing so, so as to
> avoid _confusion_ and excess _noise_ on the lists.  If ever in doubt
> then don't cross post.  Some people consider cross posting to be a
> form of spamming, so you should not expect much sympathy to your
> cause if you engage in cross posting.

While I agree that un-related cross posting is not a good thing, my
initial post was not region specific, nor group specific. I am trying to
get a broad oppinion as to allow me to product the best document I can.

> RE: "would be practically impossible for a non-profit group to meet" (Dale)
> Membership to the Australian Wireless Association is $100 per annum,
> as opposed to the $5 per annum for membership to Melbourne Wireless
> Inc.  It is conceivable that the Australian Wireless Association may
> have the financial capacity to achieve this.  That is not to say
> that non-profit groups such as Melbourne Wireless Inc. have little
> hope of doing so, just that it would require more effort and perhaps
> funding from alternate sources.

While this statement has no direct relation to the intention of my
original post, I will say that you are incorrect in your assumption of
the $100 pa membership fee for the Australian Wireless Association.

The yearly membership is $35 pa, with an initial start up fee of $65,
equating to $100 in the first year.

The $35 fee goes into Administration costs to run the association, and
towards insurance. The $65 goes into a fund to help build network
segments.

I hope this clears up the issue.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----