[MLB-WIRELESS] Having trouble setting Channels on Roamabouts in Linux RH 7.3

Chris Drake lindadrake at optushome.com.au
Tue Jul 9 12:33:15 EST 2002

Try the following

(note: use orinoco_cs driver, it is better than wvlan_cs)

Enter the following into a script, easiest way to explain how to change
channels

WIRELESSDEV=
CHANNEL=
ESSID=
iwconfig $WIRELESSDEV mode ad-hoc channel $CHANNEL essid $ESSID
iwpriv $WIRELESSDEV force_reset set 1
echo ""
echo "Viewing information to see if it worked"
echo ""
iwconfig $WIRELESSDEV

You can only change channels if the device is in 'ad-hoc'. If you want to
change channel for 'managed' mode read your Access point manual.
Please note Ad-hoc requires an essid to be put in.
The last line is to reset the card. My computer has trouble enabling the new
information into the card and fails to accept it until you reset it with
iwpriv.
By-The-Way to anyone else who is reading this, in order for the cards to
communicate they all need to be on the same channel.

Hope this helps,

Chris