[MLB-WIRELESS] RE: Posible future issue.

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Mon Jul 8 20:11:55 EST 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Darryl Smith wrote:

> Those that are wanting to know more should have a look at the ACIF Web
> Site - www.acif.org.au for the relevant industry codes. The page of note
> is
>
> http://www.acif.org.au/ACIF/display/metapublist.cfm?page_id=5706&source=
> 482 - and particularly ACIF C537:2002 Provision of Assistance to

> National Security, Enforcement and Government Agencies
> (http://www.acif.org.au/ACIF/display/Documentsview.cfm?r_id=116536&sourc
> e=482&meta_id=139346&page_id=5706&category=Documents) and ACIF
> G516:1998

The code is available as a PDF at
http://www.acif.org.au/ACIF/files/C537_2002.pdf

http://www.acif.org.au/ACIF/files/G516.pdf

http://www.acif.org.au/

> Sorry about the lengths of the links...

Thanks for providing them. I think they will allow everyone to read
exactly what the requirements are.

I believe if we can register our compliance of these, and possibly other
codes as defined by the ACIF, it will help ensure our longevity.

One of the things the ACIF lists as a weakness in it's strategic plan is
"low level of membership/participation by sectors other than traditional
telecommunications". Perhaps it is time for us to help change that.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----