[MLB-WIRELESS] FreeBSD Ports Help

Brad Bloomfield brad at bloomfield.dhs.org
Mon Jul 8 15:17:51 EST 2002

Hi Matt,

You don't have to touch the kernel unless you want to turn on SUIDDIR.
SUIDDIR allows all files that are created to belong to the one user at the
rick of being a security hole if somebody breaks in. I would suggest not
turning this option on.

If you have installed the port/package all you have to do is edit the
smb.conf file found in /usr/local/etc. If you want samba to start up make
sure that the samba script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d has the execute
permission set. If you wanted to start it just run the script by typing
./scriptname start.

Regards

Brad