[MLB-WIRELESS] Linux setup

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Mon Jul 8 14:37:19 EST 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au wrote:

> How nice to see you here again

OK.  You've woken the monster.

I never left.  I just stopped putting in so much effort.

People seemed hell-bent on implementing hierarchy without taking the
time to work out why they were doing it.  I tried hard to get people to
really think about this, but my pleas apparently fell on hearing-impaired
ears.  (Happily, the committee posts seem to have been filled with
switched-on people.)

I put a lot of time into thinking and talking about network engineering
issues, social issues and other stuff (like cooking sausages... ;).

Then came the not-so-public meetings and discussions and no-one bothered
to invite me, so I figured I had done what I could for the genesis of the
group and outlived my usefulness.  I was planning on checking back in once
my skills were again in demand.

> you were missed.

Really?  Next time, don't be afraid to ask for me.

>  Will you be able to make it to the meeting on Friday this week?

If I can be useful to someone, then sure.

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201