[MLB-WIRELESS] Question re Prisim II cards.

Tony Smith tony at tonsyl.org
Fri Jul 5 16:43:49 EST 2002

I've had an access point running under Linux for a few weeks now. Using the
host-ap drivers and a Dlink DWL-520 card.

I know that it is working perfectly as I'm able to connect to my lan with my
laptop and it's PCMCIA wiFi card under both Windows and Linux.

Now I have the first person wanting to set up a node and connect to me and
I've agreed to sell them a surplus Dlink-520 card and set them up.

I thought that this would be quite simple, get the card working under linux,
get the wired ethernet card wroking and then bridge them using the bridge
utils that come with Redhat 7.3.

In fact it all seemd to go swimmingly, the card drivers (wlan-ng) load
perfectly and it comes up in "managed" mode etc.

The bridge utils load Ok and I went through the process of creating the
bridge, adding wlan0 and eth0 to the bridge, zeroing out the IPs on both and
then assigning a single IP to the bridge.

No errors reported but once the bridge is up I see activity at the outgoing
wired ethernet but canot connect via it. (laptop with wired lan card and
known good cross-over cable).

Help......What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Tony Smith

Connected to the internet in Sunny Far North Queensland Australia
http://www.tonsyl.org