[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: [mesh] WOAH!

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Jul 2 11:25:54 EST 2002

One more comment before I shutup on the issue...

Are we expecting that Melbwireless will eventually change from being just a
free network for anyone (which I thought was the philosophy that everyone agreed
on? correct me if i'm wrong), to a company or non-profit company that provides
wireless network infrastructure for ISP's and businesses?   WTF?

Personally, I wouldn't like the idea of an individual/company/ISP paying to
use the piece of the network that I've spent my free time setting up and developing.
Taking away bandwidth that I could be using to copy Unreal Tournament maps off
my mate.
I could turn off my AP at anytime, could move house, point my antenna a different
way, basically anything to disrupt the service that they are paying for.  What
happens then?  Do they sue me? Do I get a couple of guys in suits on my doorstep
asking me to please switch it back on?
What happens to Fred from down the street who was using my AP to link into the
melbwireless network to then use PPPoE to access an internet connection that
he was paying Bill for who had setup a little business to provide access to
melbwireless members? What happens when he loses his link into the network because
my AP blew up after a power surge, then Bill refuses to give him a refund on
the internet access fee, then Frank starts prank calling my house at 3am and
abusing my mother and throwing rocks at my car?

Can someone tell me what I do now please?