[MLB-WIRELESS] xdB offset cast parabolic dishs by the hundred?

Luke lrich at ruralnet.net.au
Wed Jan 30 21:48:50 EST 2002

Jules, Im sure youll get bombarded with replies, I cant begin to think where
ppl will start to tell you whats wrong with parts of that process, but for
sheer gonad diameter well done at the effort.  What sort of gain are you
after?  If its not beyond 24db then I can sell you (or anyone) a hills 15,
19 or 24 db reflector, bracket, and either MMDS down convertor (youll have
to mod) or a genuine passive dipole to suit ( with N connector).  Cheap and
sweat free (swear word free to when they work the first time!).  Up to you
but I usually take the prefab route with WLAN cos theres not too much oomph
left in the cable by the time it has to push through a homemade, mismatched
antenna.  Cheers.

Luke.