[MLB-WIRELESS] Local councils

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Tue Jan 29 15:28:06 EST 2002

Matthew Boyd wrote:

> Has anyone tried to contact any of the local councils about help with
> the wireless infrastructure?

Matthew
Adrian Close and i have had some positive responses from people
at Yarra Ranges Council but it all happens pretty slowly. They
have provided maps and we are talking about future cooperation
perhaps a pilot program with young people with online gaming as
a lure to get a few boxes happening buts its all just talk at
the moment.

Be prepared to phone lots of different people until you find
someone who gets it and is enthusiastic. Meet them face to face
if you can and a bit of show and tell helped us. Pointing them
to the Age article IT section 23 Oct 2001 is a winner. Talking
to local councillors is good. Be sensitive to planning
considerations and I like to avoid the word microwave in favour
of the "the same frequency used by cordless phones and baby monitors"

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing