[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: bulk buy wireless network cards with external antenna connectors

Will Lanigan chooken at m00t.cjb.net
Sun Jan 27 18:16:43 EST 2002

well at this stage i dont have the required equipment to become a server in
my area, however i do have NO idea what to get! lol
I have a server that i could setup to be 24/7 on the wireless as a dedicated
server.

Before this bulk-order gets sent i would appreciate if someone with the
knowledge could list the components i would need so that i can place an
order. I do have a laptop that could be a server from 4pm-7am but i think i
would prefer to run a PCI converter and just stick to my server. The type of
parts would be very much dictated by price because i do not have a large
amount to spend. I am able to create an antenna myself just i need to know
what type to make! lol

So yeah, if someone could list what components i would need to set up a
server for the people in my area i would be very appreciateive. At this
stage i would be primarily looking at having 2 friends connect that are
within the 800m mark distance, one with a clear LOS, and the other a vague
LOS.

Thanks!