[MLB-WIRELESS] Help getting the WL200's going in linux

Matthew Boyd Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au
Wed Jan 23 08:48:31 EST 2002

Here it is,
I'll do wiki tomorrow if this is what it is.

Theoretically we’re done now – we could reboot and the Wlan adapter
should be recognized by the kernel
 Unfortunately this is not the case.
The Cirrus logic PCI->PCMCIA bridge chipset has a few options with
cause it to incorrectly poll the IRQ resources and hence are unable to
give the (network part) card an IRQ. If you reboot now you’d see a
Prism2: RequestIRQ error message. We need it to add a parameter in
the /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia file to make it map IRQ’s from the PCI
instead of the ISA side. Shown below is my /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia file:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS='irq_mode=1'
CORE_OPTS=