[MLB-WIRELESS] meshing

David Arnold arnold at dstc.monash.edu.au
Mon Jan 21 14:15:37 EST 2002

-->"Steven" == Anderson, Steven <SAnderso at pacificaccess.com.au> writes:

  Steven> I can see large parts of the Wireless network being down due
  Steven> to these sorts of issues.

that's always going to be the case with something that's maintained as
a hobby ;-)

  Steven> Initially though just getting something working a lot of the
  Steven> time would be better than aiming for the best.....and never
  Steven> getting anywhere.

200%, double thumbs up.

and i expect that we'll see fringe activity of this sort continuing
for ever, not just now.  it takes time to get the gear together,
connect to your mate's place or others nearby, and this will continue
to be a common adoption pattern.  after a while, you understand how it
works, and what gear you need, and you stop fiddling with the config
because it's a hassle when it stops working (or cos breaking it breaks
others downstream).

the internet started with 4 (count 'em) nodes ...