[MLB-WIRELESS] through the looking glass

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Fri Jan 18 13:18:53 EST 2002

>location about 2km away. We got a really nice signal with loss cause of the
>glass.

The metal frame of the window may also have an effect on the beam shape if
the antenna is within a metre or so of it.  When testing the helical I
noticed the return loss changed for the worse when my hand and metal framed
benches fell within or close to the beam.  Playing with the helical in
simulations the ground plane geometry (square vs circular) can have
significant effects on the side lobes and frontal gain.