[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Internet

Lucas Lozo lucas.lozo at cdt.com.au
Thu Jan 17 10:01:45 EST 2002

Just Got our New Wireless Internet installed yesterday.

AP is over 17Km away, may be close to 20km, just got to get a map to
confirm, but is at least 17km.

paid for a 400kbit Service, but trying it out last night and today, I am
getting about 720kbit.

I also have a Large Tree directly in path of attenna.

This technology using 802.11 and Turbocell.

Install Cost complete with Antenna, Mast, Labour, AP, all set to was
only around $2K

If I want more speed/bandwidth its a matter of me paying for it and them
doing a new config in their software.

Comparing This Service to my initial testing of Galaxy antenna and AP
similar to melb wireless projects, There is just no comparison.

Extremely happy with the Installation and speed of Service.

Service and Install was provided by www.megalink.com.au