[MLB-WIRELESS] Cheerio

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Wed Jan 16 23:48:06 EST 2002

> Hi
> My names Devon
> I just joined this group and have read way to many threads,
> now my head is spinning.
Hi Devon, welcome aboard!  We only have one mailing list, so lots of varied
discussions take place all the time.  But that shouldn't stop you from
posting any wireless question you may have.  Be sure to check the FAQ first
though, your question may have been answered already:
http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/pages.php?page=FAQ
Also, have a look at the "Getting Started" guide, it has some good info
also:
http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/pages.php?page=Getting+Started

> So, what I really need to know is, can alcohol be sent via
> microwave, if not, do you have another bbq planned?
No and yes, in that order.  The regular meeting time is the 2nd Friday of
each month - hence Friday 8th February is the next meet.  For the moment,
details can be found at:
http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/stories.php?story=02/01/02/8224275

> And, I don't use *nix, is this a concern?
Not at all - this is not a *nix group, this is a wireless networking group.
Whatever OS you use will be fine and dandy, as long as YOU are comfortable
with it.  On that note, I hear Windows XP is actually very wireless friendly
for the beginner.  Most people around here use various *nix flavoured
systems for reasons not entirely relevant to newbie usage, so while you are
playing with wireless for the moment (or about to play), any OS will do.

> Regards
> Devon
Cheers,
Tyson.